Monday, June 28, 2010

WINNER'S WIN!

Yours truly had a fantastic tournament in Phoenix, coming in 2nd ONLY because she ran outa steam!  I gnashed my way through the field undefeated until the last match before the hot seat, and got sent to the losers bracket.  The good thing is now I only had one match to win to get into the final two!

My first match was a slam with a 7-3 win, then a grueling hill hill match which I managed to pull off, and another hill hill, and then a 7-5 to get into the finals. A couple of my matches, my opponent was up 4-2 on me and I fought fought fought to come back and win! The player who sent me to the losers bracket was now waiting for me in the finals.  I was OUT FOR BLOOD!  But things started going wrong.  Scratches after brilliant get outa trouble shots, and the table speed was not there for me.  My safeties would roll out too far, or not far enough.  She was shooting well, but I battled to come back.  It was not in the cards and she took me out 9-4.

I learned so much however about stamina, determination, and MOST importantly, that I CAN WIN and take out good players.  A big confidence booster for sure!  Before I started my loser's bracket match, I called HUBBY.  I needed to hear that reassuring lecture and he came through for me big time.  This was a new player to the tour and she was a really good shot, several times running the table.  I had already beaten her in a hill hill match on the winners side.  I just strutted around the table determined to take her out again, and I DID!

Phoenix was hot hot hot - like 111 degrees - omg!  And it's only June!  So I'm a little concerned about Tucson next month at the end of July!  Will it be 120?  Yikes!

Stay tuned for more Barracuda wins cuz I'm sharpening my teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment